Benefits of Renew™ ECP Therapy for Wellness
In clinical studies, ECP has been shown to relieve angina symptoms,4 such as chest pain and shortness of breath. Patients have experienced improvement in exercise duration as well.2 Studies have also shown that ECP may help:2, 3, 4, 7:
- Improve exercise duration
- Improve cardiovascular health
- Better quality of life
- Improve blood flow to the arms and legs
- Low risk/high benefit
- Potential to increase skin oxygenation
Overall, patients report an improved quality of life 3 with ECP and studies have shown that the benefits may last about 2-3 years.4 Best of all, you may repeat the therapy as needed. Talk to your physician about the timing of therapy sessions
Learn how Renew ECP Therapy works or contact us today.
“Since I started ECP therapy, my sugar level, heart rate and blood pressure have lowered and the numbness in my fingers have subsided. I’m also an active person but I have even more energy now. I will continue taking ECP therapy for many years to come. It’s like having a second heart!”
- 1) Braith RW, et al. Enhanced external counterpulsation improves peripheral artery flow-mediated dilation in patients with chronic angina: a randomized sham-controlled study. Circulation. 2010;122:1612-20.
- 2) Arora RR, et al. Effects of Enhanced External Counterpulsation on Health-Related Quality of Life Continue 12 Months After Treatment: A Substudy of the Multicenter Study of Enhanced External Counterpulsation. Journal of Investigative Medicine. 2002; 50:25-32.
- 3) Loh, et al. Enhanced External Counterpulsation in the Treatment of Chronic Refractory Angina: A Long-term Follow-up Outcome from the International Enhanced External Counterpulsation Patient Registry. Clin Cardiol. 2008;31:159-164.
- 4) Cai D, Wu R, Shao Y. Experimental study of the effect of external counterpulsation on blood circulation in the lower extremities. Clinical and investigative medicine Medecine clinique et experimentale. 2000;23(4):239-47.
- 5) Gurovich AN, Braith RW. Enhanced external counterpulsation creates acute blood flow patterns responsible for improved flow-mediated dilation in humans. Hypertension research : official journal of the Japanese Society of Hypertension. 2013;36(4):297-305.
- 6) Bonetti PO, Holmes DR, Lerman A, Barsness GW, Jr., Enhanced external counterpulsation for ischemic heart disease: what's behind the curtain? .J Am Coll Cardiol. 2003;41:1918–1925).